Pages

Jan 3, 2015

Slim down Saturday!

Hey all, I have been meaning to join one of the many linkys with my resolutions, but quite honestly I have been having such a great time hanging out with my boys on our break that I just haven’t gotten to it.  One of my resolutions is to get back to healthy eating and exercising like I know I should.

I came across this fun linky hosted by Teaching with a Touch of Pixy Dust



This is just what I need to keep me accountable, so I am jumping on the band wagon.  Now I haven’t officially started with my resolution, despite it is the 3rd already.  We are still on vacation, I am writing this as I look out at the sand and waves, so I am not officially starting until January 5th.  However, I did make the DECISION to do it no matter what, and that really is the first step.  So I am linking up to get my intent out there and list my goals for the coming week.


My ultimate goal is to lose 35 lbs.  Most people will look at my profile pick and say, Ya right.  Let me explain.  That photo is actually from a little over 4 years ago. I am too embarrassed to put a current one.  I had lost 50 lbs and was feeling fabulous when I smiled for the camera.  Fast forward to the last year and a half.  I have let the stress of school, and life in general derail me, and I have gained back 35 lbs.  Now, not only do I feel guilty for gaining the weight, but I physically feel horrible.  When you are only 5 feet tall that is a lot of weight.  Not to mention, thanks to genetics, 25-30 lbs of it is sitting between my butt, hips and knees. 

This is me when I was working out 5 days a week and eating right.

I don’t post this to brag, but to motivate myself and hopefully others that if you set your mind to it you can do it.  If I could lose 50 before, I can lose 35 now and you can too! I want those “guns” backlol.  I actually had more energy working out 5 days a week than I do now not working out at all.

I have no loss to report this week, as I haven’t started.  But, I did order the book”It Starts with Food” and I have been reading it while relaxing here at the beach.  I know what to eat and not to eat, but I felt I needed a refresher and possibly a new perspective.  I am really enjoying it.  I also signed up for a 5K color run for March 1st.  That fits right in with my no more excuses.  I already paid to run, so I had better get my rear in gear.

My goal for this next week is to work out 4 days.  They will probably be only 30-40 minute sessions.   If I do too much to start off with I know I will be so sore I won’t be able to move and then I will be tempted to not do it at all.  So the theme for this week is slow and steady gets it done.

My quote for this week is this:


You can click here for the original pin. This quote totally sums it up!


I am excited to be starting this journey and look forward to supporting the others who are jumping in too.  Have a great week friends!

7 comments :

  1. Love that quote! This journey is definitely not going to be easy be we are all worth it!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quote is so true! It's so true that working out everyday actually results in having more energy (I need to keep reminding myself of that). Stick with it and I'm sure you'll be seeing those guns again in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAURA- you are going to do awesome! OK- I WANT YOUR ARMS. I wish, wish, wish I could train with you and we could do that 5 K together! I am so proud of you. Yes- Jan. 5th is for sure the time to start. Never, ever say Jan. 1 because it's not realistic. That is still vacation and fun- Jan. 5th means business. I am so proud of you. I am going to try, too! LOVE it.
    XOX Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do a 5K, but I have yet to sign up. I'm fine signing up for one early so that I need to do it, but I can't decide when. It snows here until March or April, so I'm not sure when I'm going to start running. I'm not sure that my 'no excuses' motto extends to running in the snow. Maybe June?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you're joining in. I'm the same way with where my weight sits. Most of it anyways. It's awful. We were out of town so I too am officially starting tomorrow! Good luck!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I need to do this with you!!! I've gained what I like to refer to as "Apron Stress Weight." I'm at an all time high for weight and an all time low for self image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, so sorry it has taken me all week to comment back to you. It has just been crazy, I am sure you are feeling the same if you started back to school this week. You should totally join up. I totally get the whole horrible self image thing too. I won't even let anyone take a pic of me except from the chest up. Unless I have my big black coat on, then everything is pretty much hidden...lol. Feel free to email me too if you just need someone to chat with and be accountable.

      ~Laura

      Delete