Pages

Mar 10, 2017

St. Patrick's Week Fun and Freebies!

Are you looking for some fun and meaningful activities to do with your students this next week for St. Patrick's Day? I have got just what you need. 

The first activity is a fun math counting activity. Students choose a number card and place it on their work mat. Then they build that number on the twenty frame using coins, mini erasers, snap cubes, you name it. This is perfect for a center, small group or partner activity. It's easy prep too. 


This pack can be found in my TpT store by clicking the picture above or here. It includes number cards 1-20, a math mat and an I Can...card. You get one set in color and one set that can be printed in black and white. If you like this set there is also a growing bundle so you can have a fun counting center every month of the year.

Today we made this cute Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow crafts. A few years back I saw two different ideas on IG and incorporated the two, thanks @mrsjumpsclass and @mrsmelissadailey for the inspiration. 
I made patterns for the pots and clouds, you can download yours here for FREE.  Thanks to Creative Clips for the cute pot graphic and KG Fonts. Just copy on white and black cardstock.

We then wrote what we were lucky to have, and then they cut them out. Their answers were just so sweet. Next we made a rainbow chain. I had 1 1/2" X 11" strips of paper pre-cut. My para and I stapled them together to save time, rather than gluing them. Yes, I am aware they are not in scientific color order. Then the kiddos cut out their pot and used gold paper to tear into "gold pieces" they glued on it. Finally, use a small black strip, 1" X 6" , for the handle on the pot to attach to the rainbow and you've got it! It was a great discussion about everything we have to feel "Lucky" about and it was fun too!

Are you looking for some fun science activities too? I've got you covered there. My sweet friend Andrea from Always Kindergarten has this super fun Color Science pack that is perfect for March. 
You can watch her video that is the perfect preview of all the fun investigations you and your students can experience together. 


This next week we will also be completing this fantastic FREE directed drawing by Jennifer at First and Kinder Blue Skies. My kiddos always have a blast and they come out super cute. These are some samples from some prior classes.





Finally, what would St. Patrick's Day be without a fun treat? I put these snack bags together filled with Lucky Charms and added this cute FREEBIE bag topper from Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! 

I hope that you have gotten a few fun ideas you can use this next week. Have a great St. Patty's Day!


0 comments :

Post a Comment