Pages

Jan 25, 2015

Slimdown Saturday!

I am linking up a little late with Gina at Teaching with a Touch of Pixie Dust for Slim Down Saturday.  


Let’s get right down to business.  Here are my stats for the week:


 OK, let’s be real.  The reason I am linking up late is I was feeling down in the dumps.  I was not happy with my number on the scale.  I lost .2lbs.  Really .2 are you kidding me??  I felt like I had been super good on my diet this past week and I really expected more.  I thought if I waited until this morning maybe the number would be better. NOT! In fact it was .2 up from yesterday.  But I am reverting to yesteday’s number since that is the day we were supposed to link up anyway and I didn’t want to post a ZERO.

I am trying to look at the factors.  Could it be water weight? Maybe, I didn’t drink as much water this week, which actually makes you hold on to water.  I may not be eating enough calories?  Sometimes your body rebels when it thinks it is starving.  There were a few days when I barely had a 1,000 calories.  I wasn’t trying to be that low, I was just super busy during the day and still had like 700 calories to go by dinner.  Now if I went to Jack-n-The Box that would have been easy to do.  But when you have half a plate of veggies and some lean protein, it is not so easy.  Honesty I just wasn’t hungry after all the veggies.  SO, I will try to be sure I even out my calories better this week.

Yet another factor could be the thing I failed at AGAIN.  I did not exercise this week.  I know that for me exercise makes all the difference in losing weight at a faster rate. I have done this a time or two, or three, or four.  I have always been like a yo-yo with my weight, since I was 17.  

Something I did right this week was cook whole foods almost every meal.  One evening we were out late and opted for Panda Express, I had steamed veggies and Teriyaki Chicken with no sauce so I made the best of what could have been a bad situation.  I already shopped yesterday and have my menu for the week so I am sticking with that plan despite my less than stellar results in the weight department.  I will say at least my jeans feel looser.

My to do better is obviously exercise, and my goal is 10,000 steps a day in addition to a weight or cardio work out at least 3 days.  It has been so hard to get to the gym and I am letting that be an excuse, but no more.  I know that once I get going it will be so much easier and soon become a welcome habit.  I dug my fitbit out of drawer and it is charging so it will be all ready for the morning. Progress right?

My quote for this week is


 I think that pretty much sums it up. Hope you all are doing well with your healthy eating and exercise plans. Leave me a comment and let me know how you’re doing, even if you haven’t linked up you can be in on the accountability!  I would love to be your cheerleader! Make it a great week friends!

5 comments :

  1. .2 is better than nothing, or a gain! And not giving up is what is important! I mean, I gained 2 last week and it came back off this week! Hopefully this week will be better for you. I am trying for 10,000 steps a day too... I only ever make it if I am working out. I have to do more walking in a day! Have a great week!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, don't beat yourself up! I have watched Biggest Loser enough times to know that the second week is the hardest. I think they always say your body adjusts, but after that week it is always better! Have a great week and walk, walk, walk!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!! I am trying to drink that water, too. That seems like such an EASY thing to do- so what is my problem?! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura! Just wanted to stop by and say I hope that the week is going well. I know you can do it! Happy Wednesday!

    -Kelly
    Lattes and Lunchrooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of encouragement and taking the time to say Hi. Hope you are having a great week!

      ~Laura

      Delete