Pages

Nov 12, 2014

Wordless Wednesday~Electives!


Today I am linking up with Christina from Sugar and Spice for her wonderful Wordless Wednesday.



Do you have electives or specials at your school?  Do you send your students out? Does another teacher come in?

In our school once a week for 45 minutes we have electives?  Each teacher chooses something that interests them, and what age group it is for.  Then all the students K-8 choose which elective they want to attend for the next 8 weeks.  This time around I choose Art.  I have students K-3 in my room during electives. 





This week we were working on directed drawings. Let me tell you it is not easy to draw nicely on a smart board.  But, the kiddos are good sports and don't laugh at my drawings.  They are all doing a great job and most importantly we are all having a good time. 

I would love to hear if you do anything like this at your school.  Be sure to check out the linky to see all the other pics!  Have a great week!

~Laura

8 comments :

  1. We don't do ANYTHING like this at our school. It's such a great idea. I can still remember learning sign language in 6th grade during an elective class. I would definitely do drawing or singing if I had the opportunity. Fun!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using directed drawings - it gives them such confidence and tools to apply to learning to draw other things on their own. Which all ends up meaning we get more details and better writers. I just started this two years ago. {I know, I'm probably late to the party ;) }How about you?
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am late to the party too...lol. I just started using the directed drawings last year. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment, I appreciate it!

      ~Laura

      Delete
  3. If you are looking for any recipe of sweets then come at Indian Sweets https://mithaishithai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andhra University provides a best learning environment for the students by the creative activities programs . If you are interested to take admission in Andhra University then visit at Andhra University

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice blog. The shared information is quite good. If you are a student and want to be a graduate or post-graduate from any recognized university, then you may visit Andhra University. This is the best university in the South region in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Andhra University provides more than 300 courses for the students by which they can choose their best course and make their carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice blog, this is the very best information about the article. We provide various information about the Andhra University Visakhapatnam. If you are looking for any information about the Andhra University visit on our website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andhra University is a best education hub in Andhra Pradesh State. Andhra University is situated in the Visakhapatnam. Here students can get best education in many streams.

    ReplyDelete