Pages

Nov 2, 2014

Liebster Award

Well I am a bit of a slacker.  Two weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Christina at Christina's Kinder Blossoms


The Liebster Award is a way for newer bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who have great content, to link up, meet other bloggers and share a little about themselves! It was totally unexpected and I feel very honored.  In the meantime, while I was super busy with life, these other wonderful ladies nominated me as well. Abbie at Steppin' Up To First Grade, Zoe at Oh The Little Wonders, Pili at Glitter and Gradebooks, Melissa at Mrs. Spriggs Kindergarten Pond and Brenda at bren in room 10.  I feel so humbled that I was chosen multiple times. A big Thank you to all of these wonderful bloggers. 

So here are my answers to the 11 questions I received.

Why and how long ago did you start blogging?  I actually did my first post in January of 2014.  Then life took over, like it has a tendency to do and I did not post again until May.  I feel like that is when I really got started.  I started blogging on a regular basis and having a great time joining many linky parties. 
I got started because I had been stalking reading blogs for about a year and felt like I had learned a lot and gained so much inspiration from others that I wanted to be able to do the same. I felt like even if no one reads my blog it will be a source of reflection and learning for me.

 What one word sums up the heart of your blog and whyOne word is pretty difficult for me, but I guess I would have to say sharing.  It amazes me every day how generous the blogging community is with their ideas and support for one another.  I hope that I am able to share with and support other teachers so that together we can all be better.

Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?  My blog journey has been pretty short so far and I have been fortunate enough to have met some fantastic bloggers who gave me some great advice.  My friend Alison at Rockin’ and Lovin’Learning posted this great advice here, you really should check it out.  Plus she answered any questions I had.  I am not saying I am an expert, far from it, I am still learning new things everyday, like writing code, but that’s part of what makes this bloggin’ journey so fantastic.

What is your favorite past time other than blogging?  Where do I begin on this one…I spend a lot of time at the race track with my boys, I enjoy scrapbook, although I don’t get to do it very often. I love watching movies, hanging with my friends and going to the beach.

How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?  This is not an easy one.  It really just depends on what else is happening.  I have a priority order in my life…1. God, 2. Family, 3. My Job, then blogging, tpt, etc.  So some weeks I have the best of intentions but never even post, other weeks I get 2-3 posts in.  It is something I do enjoy so I try to fit it in if I can.

What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most? 
I love hands on ideas for the classroom, but I also love just getting to know the other bloggers out there and seeing what they are doing in their everyday lives.

Where does your blog inspiration come from? Most of the time I would have to say my students.  But also other bloggers.  I see something great on another blog that sparks an idea that I can use with my kiddos and I dive right in and give it a try.

Which post that you've written are you most proud of
I can’t really say I have written that pivotal post as of yet.  In my short journey I am just proud that I get something posted at all…lol.  Sometimes I feel like I am just treading water and am happy that I am able to share and hopefully someone else will find it useful.

Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?  I don’t have a single post, but a list of things that I do want to blog about.  Many of which I hope to get to sooner rather than later.  Technology, reader’s workshop, assessment, and many more.  So stay tuned.

 What is your favorite aspect of blogging? This was the easiest question to answer.  It is all of the friends I have made as a result of blogging.  Like I said before this blogging community is full of helpful, supportive teachers who are always willing to lend a helping hand.  I have met and made friends from Austraila, the UK, Canda and all over the US.  I never would have met these wonderful ladies if it weren’t for starting this blog.  Plus I feel it has made me a better teacher.  I am always wanting to up my game.

Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?  From Christina, she has a fantastic countingon addition center, that you can all get as a freebie.  I have already printed it out to use in the next few weeks. 
Abbie has a fantastic Crock Pot Chicken recipe I will definitely be using.  
Zoe always has the most fantastic art projects.  We are for sure doing her moonand stars craft when we study space. Pili has a great bulletin board to measure student’s progress “Reach for the Stars” that I think is fabulous. 
Melissa has several posts with a ton of great ideas on using iPads in the classroom, you really should check them out.  Brenda has a darlin’ Pumpkin man craft I will be doing in the future.
Now my Nominations:









   To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting: 1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)  2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above. 4.Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept. 5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below, if you wish!)


~Laura


7 comments :

  1. AND you almost got a nomination from me, too, but I saw someplace (maybe comments?) that you already had one. Congrats. I'm trying that Chicken Crock Pot recipe soon :) See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. What's funny is I had you on my list of people I was going to nominate and before I got my post done I noticed that you had been nominated already. So congrats to you too!

      ~Laura

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination! It was so sweet of you to think of me; I can totally relate when you mentioned you 'stalked' other blogs before creating your own, that was so me! :) I loved reading about your blogging journey and now I'm off to create my post!

    -Christa
    Learnin' Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your nomination. I enjoyed reading about your journey. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments.

      ~Laura

      Delete
    2. Hi Laura!! Thank you so so much for the nomination! What an honor! I just finished my post for the Liebser Award. You can check it out here:
      http://aspoonfuloflearning.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award.html

      Thank you again and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

      Jaime

      Delete
  4. Hi Laura!

    I FINALLY did my post to if you were interested in checking it out!
    Thank you for nominating me!

    http://apinchofkinder.blogspot.ca/2015/04/liebster-award.html

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete