Pages

Sep 14, 2014

Sunday Scoop

Today I am joining a fun new linky with the girls over at Teaching Trio.  It is just a quick snippet of the things we have to do, hope to do and are happy to do.  Why not join the fun and link up too!  




Well the countdown is on.  My son will officially move into the dorms at UC Irvine 2 weeks from today.  I cannot believe I am this oldOh My!  All kidding aside I am really going to miss him, but I am excited for him to start this new journey in his life.  We have to go get the last few things he will need for his dorm room. I don’t want to be stressed at the last minute so we are going to finish today!

I teach K, so what else would I need to do on a Sunday afternoon.  Don’t you all have to laminate and cut??  Lol,  I know I should be ready, but as I surf the internet on Saturday afternoons, my form of relaxation, I always seem to find some other activity that I just have to do this week....

Between my 3 teenage boys and my husband the laundry is never done!!  I do a load every morning during the week, or else I would spend the entire weekend in the laundry room. However, Sunday is for washing all the sheets and towels.  Fun, fun, funsaid no one ever! I am still waiting on my fairy god mother to show up to take over, but it hasn’t happened yet so in the meantime I get to do it.

I hope to get a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino when we are out shopping today.  Have I mentioned before that I might be addicted to Starbuckswell I love the PSL, but it was 104 here yesterday and it is supposed to be 102 today so I cannot get into a Latte.  BUTlast week when I was in my favorite place, where they know me by name, shameful I know, my favorite barista Kristin mentioned that you can get the Pumpkin Spice in a non-fat Frappuccino.  Did you know this??  It was like the angels were singinghaha.  Now I can enjoy my favorite flavor and be cool in this sizzling heat.  It is mid-September people, enough with the 100 degree weather already.

I hope to get a pedicure this week.  I know this seems a bit frivoloushowever with a house full of boys I need a little me time every once in a while.  Truth be told I haven’t had one since I went to I Teach K this summer.  I had gel polish done at that time so it would last.  Well I am embarrassed to say that it is now grown half off my toes.  EEWW!  I know, I know. I have clipped my nails so they are not a mile long, but this stuff doesn’t come off with nail polish remover.  I have to go in and they take it off with the electric nail file. My youngest asked me the other night”What did you do to your toes??”  Well nothingthat is the problem

The thing I am happy to dospending the day with the boys.  It will only be my youngest and oldest.  The middle son is not into the whole shopping thing.  Most boys aren’t.  My youngest is only going because he figures if he goes he will get something, even though we are technically shopping for big brother.  What can I sayhe is the baby and he is probably right.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!  Leave me a comment and let me know what fun things, or not so fun things, you are up to today.  Better yet link up!

~Laura


1 comment :

  1. Wow 104! It was so nice in Ohio this past week (70's and 80's) and then Friday flipped a switch! It's been freezing this weekend. It's actually 44 degrees but feels like 39. I'm covered in my patagonia fleeces and ugg boots and still can't seem to get warm! I hope everything went well getting your son to college! :) Just think that's a little less laundry for you! I hope you have a fabulous week!!
    Amber
    Mrs. Masters’ Kinder Love

    ReplyDelete